Elder Porter called about 8:00 am and asked if Mrs. Porter was there. I answered and asked if this was Elder Porter, after which we were disconnected! ! He called me back and asked if I was going to hang up on him again! lol He sounded excited and happy but his flight was postponed to 12:00 pm instead of 8:30 am and he would have a layover in Dallas until 8:00 pm. I told him that would give him lots of time to approach people about the gospel. I teased him that he could give them a flower like the Hirna Krishna (spelling??) used to do in the airports. lol. There were 13 elders going to Lubbock, two of them sister missionaries.
He wondered why I hadn't sent emails for everyone, and I replied that he only asked for addresses, which were in his address book, we didn't think he could email in the MTC. I am so out of touch with this new generation, when they say addresses, I guess it only means email addresses. What was I thinking????
I said it sounded like he had some really good experiences with the lesson he taught to the new district and the call to the investigator in Tennessee. He said the lesson was really great and the spirit was strong, but he thought maybe the investigator had already forgotten all about his call. I assured him the missionaries in Tennessee were right on it, giving her more lessens right now! I wish I had told him that this could be his first baptism. I told him he was going to be a wonderful missionary. He was a little apprehensive about that and said he didn't know what he was doing. I assured him he'd do great and that there are people in Texas waiting just for him, that only he could reach. He said, "That's what they tell me".
Elder Porter he was sorry to leave the elders in his district, and the MTC was an amazing place, but he was excited to move on to the mission field. I asked him if he had any general authorities speak to them while he was at the MTC, and he said that President Monson's daughter, Sister Dibb, spoke to them and she was just like President Monson and had a lot of really great stories. He said a seventy that had just returned form Japan spoke and was really amazing too. (I can't remember his name, surprise, surpise!)
He was about to tell me about his district leader, Elder Ricker, but some of the Elders were going to get some lunch and he wanted to go with them, so our conversation ended, but not without Mom choking up and telling him how proud we are of him and giving him lots of love.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol I swear he has a man crush on his district leader. He talks about him all the time! :)
mmm...very interesting two elders are sisters. This really is the weirdest true church ever. Lol.
Post a Comment