We took Blake to the MTC yesterday. We had a fun morning. We ate at Village Inn in Provo and then walked around the Missionary Mall and Deseret Book trying to find something we could get him. We didn't find anything, he was too prepared. It starts hitting me as we drive and park at the MTC. It was so fun to video tape him getting his tag and watching him laugh and talk to the ladies helping him. I think he was pretty nervous, as he has every right to be, because he kept going to the restroom. It made me smile. Anyway, we go to the dreaded room and hear from the MTC President and his wife, then what the movie Called to Serve. I started thinking about the last time I was there. I remembered saying goodbye to my parents and that got me started. It was so sweet and special to see him saying goodbye. It's actually a pretty sacred experience. All the rest of the day I pictured him doing much what I did after leaving. They lead you to this other building, and at corners along your way every volunteer lady has a box of tissues and hands them out. I'm sure he had his shot record checked, and got his room key, number and especially, his companions name. He then was probably given some confusing directions on how to get all his luggage and stuff to his dorm room (I'm sure someone helped him, gosh I had huge suitcases and getting them up the stairs, no elevator, caused some stress until about 4 other sisters helped me. Such a great place).
I'm so proud of him. Everyone will just love him! And want to be his friend! That's how he is. He is very worried about having to let his pants out, so we'll have to see how the MTC food treats him. Everyone keep him in your prayers, the MTC is so wonderful, but it will try him and refine him.
We miss you buddy!
2 comments:
I agree, mixed feelings. You know you are nervous when you pee more than the diabetic sitting next to you. Awesome day! Ryan
Lol, the letting his pants out part.. he complained to me about that for weeks before he left.
Post a Comment