I don't know if I've ever laughed and cried so much in one talk before. I love seeing Blake so humble because he always seems to know everything he wants to say or do, never stutters or stammers and always says it with authority so you believe it's true no matter what it is. Anyway, it was nice to see him a little unsure for a change, and yet he started that way but by the end, he was again that authoratative and full of power Blake. He of course has to point out I was late for church. Ugh. But I won't forget why he started talking about me. He gave me one of the biggest compliments of my life by quoting part of my homecoming testimony. He quoted me proclaiming that my mission meant everything to me. I have to set the record strait here, that's actually taken from Elder Holland's testimony. But it's also mine now, because it's as true for him as it is for me. It still means everything to me. And I know Elder Porter will be able to say that for himself in 2 years. If you love people like Blake does, and the Gospel just as much or more, then it will be one of the most meaningful things he will ever do.
I loved his talk because it makes me feel like it's been worth it to not badger him about his story and wait for the right time to hear it. He was so open about stopping his personal prayers in high school and struggling with noobs along the way, including himself. I can remember a time when I went to find hangers or something in his room and saw his Book of Mormon out by his bed and not a trace of dust on it. My heart filled with hope, but had to keep it inside. I'm so happy that he found his way. We all do. Everyone has to I think, and if you haven't felt like your testimony is weak or your weren't sure of things, well my opinion is it has to happen for it to become a true and abiding belief that will be strong enough for the next trial. I knew he'd come around. I had no doubt. In fact, his process of truly finding his testimony and watching him become such a good and sweet person, helped me while I struggled with mine. He will never know how much it helped to know that if he could come back, I could.
Enough of that personal stuff, I apologize. SO, it was the weirdest true talk ever given and I will never forget how proud I felt of him and my feelings of overflowing joy.
Gosh I miss my mission and I miss Blake.
1 comment:
That was really sweet and all so true.
Post a Comment