There are so many good moments it's hard to pick a few. I liked when he asked Melinda why she wasn't with the family or when he was talking about Mr. Mac's and then just started laughing at his friend in the back. I loved that he told his personal story and that he is so open with it. I bet it will be helpful on his mission because I think a lot of people will be able to relate to him.
Overall, it was the best farewell talk I've ever heard. One of my good friend's boyfriend of 4 years (named Scott) just left on his mission recently as well and Blake and I went to his farewell along with my friend (Tara) and friends Sage and Sharon who all came to Blake's farewell. They were saying afterwords that Blake's talk was definitely better than Scott's lol. Our friends Madi and Haley and Haley's mom were all crying. Everyone was saying how good it was. I would never be able to speak so well with nothing written down. It is one of his talents for sure which is ironic because he would tell me how nervous he gets about speaking in church or sharing his testimony but it seems to come so naturally to him.It was awesome how many people came; more evidence of what a wonderful person and friend he is. He has so many friends and knows a ton of people. Whenever he and I would go somewhere, at least half of the time, he would see a friend of his. In the most random places too! Everywhere we went I would just expect him to see someone he knew. I guess that's not really related to his farewell talk or anything but it was something that always impressed me and was apparent at the farewell party-thing afterwards.
I have some pictures, I'll have to see if I can put them up (but I can't now 'cause I'm at work- I know shame on me but there's really nothing for me to do here right now besides think of my cute missionary!).
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you are posting, it will be fun to have pictures up too.
Post a Comment