Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Porter Press

My letter from Blake, dated Dec. 29, 2008
Typos included :) Blake found a typewriter and wrote this letter with it so I figured they should be included to keep the integrity of the piece. Some aspects of the complete experience are missing, like the faded, darker, and misaligned letters lines and letters. 

Alexandra Monjar
[my address]

Elder Blake Theo Porter
3201 w Loop 289 #103
Lubbock, TX 79304

Dear Ali,

Ha ha I found a typewriter yay.  I wish it had exclamation marks though, but President can't stopthe Porter Press(exclamation mark here)  So guess what?  Elder Craven and I sang in a church, a duet with solos and everything :)  It was at a non-denominational church, the one that Gilbert our investigator founded.  Like we go in and like there's big ole' speakers and just the worst Christian rock music blaring all loud and a dj.  So we first had a musical number by Gilbert and his wife and before the start singing she says "Let the Spirit have its way with you."  I was like uh... i don't want some random devil spirit raping me ha ha  So they sing and we all sing and like get up and dance around and he leads us in this weird song, then we said a prayer which he leads and every-one like chants their own prayer,  it was more like a cult than anything mormons have done in the temple. ha ha  So then we get up and we sang "I Need Thee Every Hour" and it went really good like I think God helped bring in the Spirit and make us sound better than we would've otherwise.  Eeee and I sang my first solo and it didn't sound too bad.  Gilbert said he didn't know we could sing so well :)  It was over all a way fun experience.

I really liked your present :)  I likee the paisley tie and the cookies tasted good, excellent work. :)  It was so good to be able to talk to you on the phone that was my real christmas pr esent :)  Your voice is my favorite sound ever especially when I can't understand what you is saying :)  I am way pissed that the beginning of that one line, ju st above thsis one is not lined up with the rest and now it is causing me to type ev en worse.  Stupid archaic technology, it's actually kinda fun normally just that one line.  I love you Ali I can't wait to talk to you again, in person ;)

So we aree going bowling right now. it's p-day obviously.  I am glad christmas is over, cause now hopefully our noob investigators will be home and we can teach them more.  Lol you like can't type too fast or it'll get jammed or the words won't be aligned properly.  Hope you like getting your massages, have an awesome new year cutie pie(exclamation mark)

Love,

Elder Blake Theo Porter

No comments: