Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 12, 2009

Hi Parents,
So ya I figured calling y'all could count as a letter home:) So sounds like thins are going way good. We just had a really awesome week, probably the best so far:) Ecko and Lalita and their 3 kids all came to church. Their kids names are Putt (boy), Pim (girl), and Poon (boy). They are the coolest family ever. Our primary president was awesome and stole the kids away so I think they really liked it. Ecko said he's have to eat a big meal just before church next time . Ha,Ha. Also we have a baptismal date set for a cool kid named Anthony and he was there too. He's foster kid and his foster parent is a way cool member, he's 12. His date is the 24th, so hopefully it will go smooth and we can get all the necessary signatures no problem.
Every pen in every missionary apartment is garbage. So finding has been pretty intense lately.LOL. Lots of people wanting to argue. It is good though, God still has people prepared and we get new investigators every week somehow. Like in the middle of the most difficult area some insanely nice lady named Ofelia lets us in and like loved everything we taught and wants us to come back and teach her family. So way crazy, you just never know where those kids will be.
Elder Craven wants me to play Mancala, but he doesn't know the rules, so I don't want to play. I'd seen it at our house, but never played it before. Ugh, ya I just played and every question I asked he's like "I don't know" LOL. So Noob. Ha,ha. I destroyed him and he doesn't want to play Mancala anymore:) I think we are going bowling again today. 2 weeks ago I like ripped my finger flesh off because the nail(?) was horrible. Hopefully today goes better.
So I'm trying to go on a diet fer the rest of my mission cause I'm paranoid of getting fat. Oh ya, I thought of something today. Can you mail me my black low top Chuck Taylors? The ones dad destroyed the laces with the vacuum:) If I ever get a chance to wear normal shoes, I'll wear these. Thanks:) not a huge rush or high priority, but it'd be nice to have normal shoes. things are going way good. Y'all are the best. Say hi to everyone. I miss all of you. Thanks for always writing me mommy:)
Love,
Elder Blake Theo Porter

No comments: