Hi Family!
So I don't think I told ya'll yet , but me and Elder Craven sung in a church last Sunday. It was in Gilbert's non-dom church. ha,ha. My first duet and solo, ha,ha. So his church is ridiculous, like big speakers with a dj and mics and it was exactly what you'd expect from a church nowadays. So they (Gilbert and Joanne) sing this retarded Christian song thing and lead us in it and we are all dancing and clapping. Then he turns the time over to us (after the creepiest prayer where he leads us and everyone like chants and says their own prayer). We sang "I Need Thee Every Hour" and I thin the spirit made us sound way better than we really were. Like we sang together then split the 2nd verse into solos and then we did parts on the last verse. It was a fun experience and then we left. We went to our church after and it was good to feel the spirit and not just concert/dance feel goods.
So Marybell and Daniella got baptized which is way awesome. Gabby couldn't cause of some law of Chastity issues, which is too bad. I'll definitely keep in touch with Hector, he's gonna join someday. WE are teaching a really cool young couple Brent and Laura Hastings. Laura lived in Salt Lake for a summer and really liked it. They started reading the Book of Mormon together and said they'll come to church this Sunday, so I'm really looking forward to it.
0-But ya, things are going good. We had to stay in on New Year's Eve which was lame, but kinda good I guess. I'm glad the Holidays are over tho, it was cool to talk to y'all. I'm just glade people will be back to normal cause I'm sick of their excuses, ha, ha.So did Ali seem happy? She was so silly for starting to cry, poor thin):Today was weird it was icy like all over, everything covered. It was kinda annoying and funny to see people actually slow down to drive.
Well nothing too crazy happening. . . we found a Vietnamese family that we are trying teach, I love teaching Asians and it seem like I find all the Asians in Lubbock somehow.
So this transfer is gonna be good, baptisms for sure I think. My laundry is done so we're gonna go back to the apartment and shower and change for dinner (we just played basketball). Even though my memory card isn't full, I'm just gonna send it now so ya'll will have some more recent pics. Sey'all, love ya!
Elder Blake Theo Porter
P.S. I got some pics from Sara, looks like a fun Christmas. I really liked Davey and Nathan's storm trooper helmets :)
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pictures!! I knew you had them! I want to see them!! :)
Post a Comment