Friday, December 19, 2008

Some News From Elder Scadden

One of Blake's companions when he was in the office was Elder Scadden (kind of small world b/c he pseudo-dated one of my best friends in Jr. High, had a huge crush on my other friend when they worked at the Farmington Pool together, and lives in my other best friend's ward. He like told Blake all of this when he saw some pictures I had sent with my friends in some). Anyways, he got home a few weeks ago and yesterday I went to a YSA ice skating activity with my friend who is in his same ward. He was there and I got to talk to him for a little bit about Blake. I wish we could have talked longer but he said that Elder Porter was one of his most favorite companions, he was very genuine about this fact. He also said that he went through a lot of trouble to get Blake a bunch of magic cards lol and that all the elders there loved the wax seals we use on our letters. It made Blake feel so much closer to home to talk with one of his companions. Just thought y'all would like to hear about it. :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That's so cool. That you could talk with him.

Mrs. Dickson said...

Such a small world, and talking to him today made it feel like he was just next door or something. I'm so glad you got to talk to that guy.

*ALi* said...

Me too. I really hope I can talk to him some more. I'm sure I'll see him again.

And talking to Blake today was the best! I miss that man so so so much. Why has it only been 7 months?! Argh!