Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Christmas Story Boy" December 1, 2008

Hi Family!

So I still have the same companion Elder Cravin, the one from Tremonton (actually Thatcher), we whitewashed into 4th Ward together. Thanks for the coat, it's keeping me warm. I really wish it was a small though, I look like an Eskimo and Elder Cravin mentioned the boy in "Christmas Story". . . . a las LOL it works.

Thanksgiving was super fun tho, we got to play football and I had like three interceptions cause I pun noobs. :) I gave a talk 2 days ago in Zone Conference, about how Love is the motive. It went ok, I'm glad that's over with. Our area is slowly getting more people, like we had 0, a week and a half later tho we are getting some, just slowly. We did have a guy come to church last week (yesterday) so that's cool.

Chris is going to get baptized. He was a guy we found and taught in our last area and Frank still looks like he's going good, just needs to stop smoking. The other Elders said Pei Ming went back to China for a month, his family is still here so I'm sure they'll get to teach them again. Chris still needs to live the WOW and he got offended reading Moroni 8 (he's Lutheran), but just the day before he called us and said he was gonna get baptized and that he wanted us there cause we started teaching him, so hopefully he'll get over those obstacles.

Last night we taught a way cool family. Gilbert and Joanne. Gilbert started a church on the North side of town and is the Pastor. Sounds like a non-dom conservative church. It's hard to teach the Great Apostasy when the person you teach is doing exactly what occurred in that time. Like he has a nice truck and way nice house and he's just teaching about the bible. Way weird how people can like just live on people's donations. They are really nice tho and love us.

O ya, I also got a food package, thanks! Elder Cravin especially liked the cracker Jacks. I wish I could hang out with the kids. I miss them a lot. Like Thanksgiving was fun, but it really just felt like a normal day. I really hope I get to stay in this area for a little bit, cause we can really get work done if we can stay in one spot long enough to see results. I think I told you how Marybell will get baptized, they had to delay it, but ya, like right when I leave areas the people I teach seem to decide thy want t o get baptized. LOL. We''ll, I love y'all hope everything is going good. I'm feeling great.

Love Elder Blake Theo Porter

No comments: