11/16/08
I heard about the great deer hunt ha ha pretty epic. Yes, I definitely expect deer jerky. :) Halloween was lame, we had to be in by 6 and couldn't even hang out with other missionaries. Nothing to crazy going on, just back to work again. One cool thing is Maybell in Plainview is getting baptized this Saturday, pretty cool that someone we found and taught is getting baptized. Sad that I couldn't be there for it, stupid mono! Hopefully Hector will stop drinking and get baptized too, cause it seems she'll just go LA if he never get baptized either. I bet in Argentina, just like here, the women were a lot more spiritual and had less problems than the guys. Girls tend to just have more natural faith it seems like.
Our area here in Lubbock is picking up tho, we have a cool guy Frank that will get baptized if/when he stops smoking and Chris is going to the singles ward and I think they'll baptized him. It was hard to give Chris to the singles branch Elders, but that branch will help a a lot, it was the right thing.
I do have this feeling tho that I'll always just whitewash in and than find people, leave, and some other noub will baptized them ha ha. I don't mind except I have never seen someone go from A to Z, it will be cool when I do tho.
2nd ward is pretty cool tho, like they started this new thing that with our really serious investigators they get them to 7 families in 7 weeks. So like ward missionaries will have faimilies call and invite Frank to FHE or dinner or just some activity and then we go too. It'll be great I think to get the ward fellowshipping these kids.
So have you been watching football? Texas Tech is dominating, the past 2 games the town has been nuts. That university is like the only cool thing about Lubbock lol. It'd be sweet to see them go all the way to the championship. Everyone and their dog goes tailgating, we had a few less people in sacrament yesterday because oft he game the night before. That's west Texas ha ha.
P-days are fun for like half the day than I just get bored. I'm supposed to take a nap everyday but I hate it cause I feel more tired. That's what just happened now I"m gonna get ready to go out. Tell Sarah and Davey and Nathan hi, I miss ya'll a lot.
Love, Elder Blake Theo Porter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment