This letter is from 1/19/09
Hi Sister!
So it's p-day and I'm exhausted! Way tired I don't eve want to move today. So naturally we are playing ultimate Frisbee. I can't wait to sleep in again, someday lol.
So ya we can't baptize Anthony and I"m way pissed about it. Stupid laws. Other than that everything is going pretty good. I'm glad your kids like church. I miss them a ton, hopefully they'll remember who I am.
So we had a funny door yesterday. Elder Craven and I had a priest from the ward with us and our appointments punched and so went finding. One of the first doors we knocked on was answered by this guy, probably like Dad's age. He's all "I'll tell you a message about the Jesus Christ that died for my sins and doesn't live on some planet int he ozone layer!" then he slammed the door ha ha. Way funny, didn't even make total sense, I hope Patrick (the priest) enjoyed himself. WE did get in a door not too soon there after and this feminist agnostic older guy named Robert let us in. He liked our message a ton except about how women can't hold the priesthood. He feels that's not fair, although it is. Anyways he's very different from most people we teach except maybe lenis??? (can't read that word) who we haven't gotten a chance to visit in a while. Robert wanted us to com over the same time as some Jehovah Witnesses lol. I guess he meets with them too. There's no way he'll agree with their message, I wonder what he thinks of them. I'd love to go over the same time as the JW's, they'd probably die though they always avoid us. It's definitately a miracle that anyone lets us teach them, everyone except Frank and Chris that I'm taught on my mission has been from tracking. Like I hope y'all give missionaries referrals and bring kids to church, I sear I'll be able to do more missionary work at home than here, I h hope I can be a legit member missionary when I'm home.
So we are way short on miles so we got the bikes out again, I'm sore from just one day lol. Not near as bad of shape as when I just got out of the office and mono. I like biking, it just feels like we don't see as many people. Like there's no such things as street contacting in W. Texas, like it's the most unfriendly place for bikers and pedestrians, everyone drives no matter what and t here's never a shoulder to ride in so I almost die continuously. So thanks for writing me, I really appreciate it. I like the Calender lol don't cry over things silly, especially a noob like me. Hope everything keeps going good and that the kids don't drive you too crazy. :)
Love Elder Blake Theo Porter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment