Tuesday, February 10, 2009

January 19, 2009

Hi Parents :)
So what's life? Hmm I hate writing a letter in cursive and then back to normal, like I can't write. So Mom I didn't tell you I went to the temple, cause I didn't. lol. The temple is right next to the church so ya people just get pictures by it. lol and I did go to the temple just 2 days ago, which was really nice. lol. So I hadn't gone in any of those pictures, but I did just go so next card I send home y'all can see my "when I went to the temple" pictures :)

So I'm way mad cause we can't baptize Anthony, the 12 yr. old foster kid, at least as far as we know. Which is really stupid and I hate stupid laws. I guess cause the state has like custody over him we aren't allowed to do anything. It's the worst. We have a baptism date with Didi, so hopefully that will have more success. We watched the Testaments with Brent and Lara last night, it went pretty good. They have been reading and stuff, he just has weird doctorinal concerns that aren't even important. Hopefully their prayers will be answered.

So ya, things are going pretty regular here. It's P-day obviously and I think we're going to play ultimate frisbee, which should be good. It's nice here like 70 + today. O ya, I liked Dad's Bishopric newletter thingy, very creative :) Man we rode our bikes for the first time in like 2 months, it was pretty rough. I wish there was a way to exercise better, I just can't get motivated when I wake up to go running. Riding wasn't near as hard as when I was just getting over mono though, so that's good. I used the Plan of Salvation wood cut out thingy you sent me with Ecko & Lalita's family. It worked good I think the kids liked it:) Man all we do is find. Every single person we have ever taught in 4th ward is from finding. No media referals or member referrals at all. It's amazing we get new investigators each week, definitely a miracle.

Well, I look forward to seeing some pictures of the remodeling and stuff that y'all have done. I don't really have much to say. Everything is going good. Tell everyone hi for me. I love y'all and miss y'all a lot. Tell the ward youth thanks a ton. They sent me a Book of Mormon, some candy and toothpaste stuff. Way nice. I miss our ward it was a good one I think. The ward here is really clickish and the youth can be noob sometimes here. Like some girl is dating Gilbert's 16 yr. old son and she's in our ward and like doesn't even attempt to get him to church activities, probably so her dad doesn't know or something stupid. Ugh way noob. I swear I just care about missionary work for the rest of my life and will baptize more people when I get home, not that 0's hard to beat. lol Well anyways, love y'all .
Elder Bake Theo Porter

No comments: