Hi Family!
Man the past week has been so ridic. The craziest part is probably the wreck of the party van. For like 2 days it was really cold and icy and my district leader Elder Johnson and the SSpanish missionaries, Elder King and Elder McKeen, were all driving out to Post, which is east of Lubbock. They were driving the big party van that the office uses and they hit some ice and rolled it 1.5 times. Crazy huh?! No one was hurt tho, except Elder Johnson might be a little traumatized, which is understandable. They were definitely protected though.
So I heard that Ford was like dropping Volvo, like they won't be making anymore Volvos. What's that do to Ryan's job? Like does he still have one? I love getting news through the grape vine, it's so reliable.lol.
So transfers are coming up soon and I have no idea what to suspect. Either Elder Craven or myself will be leaving Lubbock. I would guess, but you never know. We had a really tough week last week, but we're both optimistic this week will be better. Trying to teach people with the Superbowl on was ridiculous! Like we'd get them to mute it, share some scriptures and then immediately they'd turn it on again. Ha, ha. Like why try? We can't compete with that. lol
Another ridic day that I partically video documented was the day after the big van accident. Everyone in Lubbock was parked in the morning and our bikes were in another apartment that is closer to our area. So we had to walk 2 hours. We never quite made it to our area lol. We walked to where our bikes were, then ate lunch, then had the office drive us back to the apartment to get our car, cause we could drive after lunch. Worst morning ever! So ineffective, and for no reason the roads were fine.
Hmm, I thought I got some pictures of the new family room, maybe I didn't or maybe I just didn't say enough about it. I think I remember seeing the TV and like a weird clock. Looks good. . .I bet :)
Man nothing too cool going on. We have to move Didi's baptismal date back cause she hasn't been coming to church. That's way lame. It's all going good though. Man I swear I try to eat healthier and I get more fat. I hate it!
The days here are usually really nice tho, the winter here is nice. I found a really good brand of sunflower seed, they're called Giant. they have a buffalo on the package for some reason.
I just got back from playing ultimate Frisbee and my team was horrible, no one could catch and it was a disgrace. Then we played basketball and that was a bit better, but our team had all the short kids so the rebounds were really pathetic. I'm exhausted right now. So do y'all have my credit card? Did y'all put any $ on my lame card? I just wanted to know, no big deal. I want a nap.
Well, I can't write anymore. Hope everything is going way good fer y'all. I'm going to dinner and family home evening so ttyl.
Love,
Elder Blake Theo Porter
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment