Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October 21, 2008

HI Sharon and Family!

So it's really nice being out of the office.  I got whitewashed into an area again and the missionaries before us where...not the best they didn't even write down half their investigators.  But I'm on a bike so that's different not having a car, guess it's supposed to help me get over mono faster? ha ha
The zone leaders are in our ward, 2nd ward in Lubbock, and we were eating at a member's last night and their little baby boy reminded me of Drew so much, I almost called him "Druga" LoL.  I miss all of you a lot I hope I can visit again while you're in San Diego Although ya'll will probably be somewhere else.  I liked San Diego though, I heard you are getting like homesick again ha ha maybe you should move to Utah silly sister, at least for a little while :-). 
 So I got a CD from Ali with music/noises that are scientifically supposed to help one sleep, it works way good for my companions, like Elder Craven my new comp. falls asleep instantly, but it doesn't help me Lol.  I like listen to the whole thing every night.
We have a couple of cool investigators though.  Pei Ming and his wife Tong Tong are from Bei Jing and it's fun teaching them.  he knows a lot more English than her, but still it's like we go slow.  He's smart tho and understands everything once we get thru the language barrier.  We haven't gotten to teach their son yet, or his wife much, but PeiMing said ti'd be "no problem" to get his family, he's super nice.  They live right next to a restaurant the "Beijing house" and I asked if he ever ate there and he said he had his wife so he had no reason to Lol.
We also have Chris who was a media referral, he requested a Book of Mormon.  He like is really teachable and believes the BoM and things we teach it just doesn't' really sink in yet he want to keep going tot he Lutheran church which he just got active in again.  But once he gets a testimony he'll understand, but he's single so we'll be farming him over to the singles branch Elders anyways.  We have a couple of other good leads and investigators too, it's just hard biking everywhere cause we have a huge area.  
It's nice being in the city though, we go up to Texas Tech to email and it's the only time I feel like I'm in a city ha ha.  We'll just saying hi, use the return address on this letter or just the mission office, office will just get to me a couple of days later.  Thanks for the awesome drawings, Savannah and Michael and Taylor and Drew.  ya'll are growing up way too fast :-) I love all of you thanks for writing, tell Mark hi for me.
Elder Blake Theo Porter

No comments: