Monday, October 13, 2008

Elder Porter leaves the office!

Hi Parents!

I got another letter from you yesterday:) It had all the same info as the last one lol, but it did tell about your talk with Sister Ernest. That's great you got to speak with her. I went out with a missionary tonight and his greenie. The trainer is going home in 3 days! Crazy to think it'll actually end someday, just feels like I've been a missionary all my life. We taught a great family though that they knocked in to a few weeks ago. Their names are Dean and Lori, they came yesterday to Conference and really like it. President and Sister Robison are amazing, they went and picked them up for it and Sister Robison like brought treats for their two daughters and took them around the church. This family was definitely prepared by our Heavenly Father. It's amazing to see how much of the gospel they are already living. The church can just add more to it. I'll probably not see them again, lol, they aren't going to be in my new area.

I'll be serving with Elder Cravin starting Wednesday, (Oct. 8th) and we'll be whitewashing an area lol. My second time, twice with my first 2 real companionships, pretty funny. It'll be hard. I bet we are both pretty 'young'. I'm real excited to be doing normal missionary stuff. Teaching that family today got me way motivated. This pen is leaking all over me. So ya, the greenies are coming in tomorrow. I'm way excited, it'll make me feel all grown up :) I can't believe I've been gone for 4 1/2 months already. I just really hope we can find and teach people in this new area. It rained today, it's getting nice and cool here. I think I'll need a coat, and 2 more long sleeve shirts, or 3 or 4 I dunno lol., cause November til like April we wear long sleeves so I'll need a few more. I'll let you know next letter what the deal is.

But Conference was amazing! It just really helped me a lot and just made me way grateful for the church. Guess you don't appreciate what you have til it's gone sometimes. I think magic will get banned soon so if you get a package full of cards, don't be surprised :) I really hate having stuff lol. Like all I think is how I don't want to pack and lug around extra junk. Anyways, it'll be great to get out of the office. Just wanted to write ya'll a quick letter, thanks for writing. I love both of you. Especially Mom:) You have done and do so much for me and I definitely don't deserve any of it. I have the best parents in the world.

Love,
Elder Blake Theo Porter

P.S Do we have any relation to the Whitney Elder Cook talked about in the Sun. afternoon session? (We found out she is Blake's great, great, great, great Aunt.)

No comments: