Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Back on the Road Again" October 13, 2008

Hi Family,

So nothing to crazy going on. Elder Craven is my new companion and we get along really well. I'm excited for our area in 2nd Ward. Basically our area in the past has been pretty bad. lol. We whitewashed in, so that's 2/2 for me getting whitewashed. I like it, but I also don't know any better. ha ha. Elder Craven has never whitewashed before and was just made a Senior, so I feel like the Senior sometimes, lol, but we both are learning together.

Our ward area is pretty rich so that is maybe one reason why it struggles a little bit. Like we go finding all day to get no lessons. O ya, I'm in a bike area. Ha, ha. Must be part of my mono- recovery plan to have me on a bike all day with no car! lol. And President said I'm not allowed to go out if it's raining. O which reminds me, can you get me an overcoat at Mac's? Size small. You can get the $ off my account and then mail it to my new address. It's starting to get cold so I'll need it. We start wearing suits in 2 weeks, so that's lame.

I can't remember if I asked you already, but was Davey in that choir at General Conference? I just heard it was Kaysville/Fruit Heights people and was wondering. I thought that was an awesome idea. Their songs were good. Conference in general was just great. I don't have a lot to say really, I mostly wanted to get ya'll my new address. I'm feeling better. The first few days on a bike were really rough. I thought I was going to die, and I'm still sore, but I feel better. I love ya'll a lot. Tell everyone hi for me!

Love,
Elder Blake Theo Porter

My Address:
Elder Blake Theo Porter
6302 Elgin Ave #15
Lubbock, TX 79413

2 comments:

*ALi* said...

What is whitewashing?

Anonymous said...

It is when you put two missionaries in an area who have never been there before. Usually you leave one missionary in the area when you do transfers.
Ryan